Administrating property of the Lviv Archiepiscopacy
The Greek Catholic Church in Austria-Hungary and Poland (1923-1939) was the richest Ukrainian institution. The largest and most important share of the property of the GCC was the possession of arable land and the area of forests. The profits from the management of this property were used by the Metropolitan for church and public purposes.
In the 1920s in the Lviv Archiepiscopacy, at the request of the Polish state, church land was parcelled out, due to the transparent actions of the Metropolitan, and this action brought long-time profits (about 4 million zloty).
These funds were spent on the full capitalization of the Land Bank: "Considering the financial needs of our people according to the strict rules of our church and public financial policy, the fund should be rotated in our nation – spending it overseas would be a very big loss for us.”